Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sailboat Nursery


So.......since my last post, which was friggin' Memorial Day, some things have transpired that have changed my life. Right after Memorial Day, Whitney and I found out we were El Pregnanto (I'm working on my Spanish). Needless to say, it is a very exciting time for me and have tried to read and absorb as much information regarding babies and parenting as I can. When we found out we were having a little boy, who we are naming Canon Michael Dupuis, I instinctively
set about sketching a theme for our little guy's room.

Given that I am the Dad, they're are many non-pregnant related tasks that need to be completed before D-day. One of these tasks that I have been most excited about, besides our actual child, has been the nursery.Whitney and I both agreed that a sailboat theme (primarily because I love sailboats) would be the way to go, so we set about trying to find accessories, paint schemes, and knick-knacks that would make his nursery one of a kind. Since the day we learned we were having a baby, I knew that I wanted to paint them something special. Canon got his painting (above) installed last night after I had worked on it these past few weeks and hope he enjoys it throughout his life. I'm especially glad that we hung it high enough that he can't spit up or worse, on it.......

These pictures represent the almost finished product and I will be posting all the finished pictures soon. Canon's estimated arrival date is set for February 7th of 2010 and we both can't wait. There have been no shortage of Baby Showers and gifts from family and friends and it means a lot to the both us. Thanks.

Look for a new post soon where we show the before and after pics of the baby's room. Have a great day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.