Thursday, May 14, 2009

Aqueduct On A Clear Night, 24x36, acrylic on canvas

Last night I finished the aqueduct painting and I am still captivated with paintings at night. There's something exciting and magnetic about light radiating out from it's source with darkness as a backdrop. I am starting to have much more fun with these paintings and the frequency in which I paint currently is feverish. My wife and I commented on the vast difference between paintings I had completed a year ago to the ones now and concluded that just like every passion, there is always constant learning and evolving required. I would venture to say we are all learning and evolving in some way.

Next, I'm working on a few sketches and tossing around some ideas for the Fort Pickens (http://www.pensacolasgreatest.com/FortPickens.html) area of Pensacola, Florida.

Thanks for reading and here's hoping all of you have a great and safe upcoming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment.